[DLK] FW: (Forward to others) WebEx meeting invitation: A622-5

Jose Godoy jose.godoy at sae-itc.org
Wed Nov 30 06:33:33 EST 2016

Dear Data Ladies and Gentlemen,

In preparation for today’s ATS Wind Web Conference, the following inputs have been received from Rochelle Perera (The Boeing Company), Dr. Christine Haissig (FAA Consultant) and Tom McGuffin (Honeywell).

The WebEx conference invitation can be found at the end of the email string below.

These inputs for Draft 3 of Supplement 5 to ARINC Specification 622 - ATS Data Link Applications over
ACARS Air-Ground Networks will be discussed during today’s web conference, when we plan to further develop the draft 3 strawman.

…Multiple FIMS makes it more complex.
If you are going to define multiple FIMs then you need to define how to determine which one is the master. It needs to be standardized so every CMU uses the same logic and works with every FIM.
Similar to the FMS logic.

Do we really need three FIMS?

Suggested changes to section titles to improve consistency

6.0              Air Traffic Services Wind.. 50

6.1              Notional Architecture. 50

6.2              Air Traffic Services Wind Uplink Message Types. 50

6.2.1                 Uplink Wind Data for FMS (PWI) 50

6.2.2                 Uplink Wind Data for FIMS (PWF): 51

6.3              Air Traffic Services Wind Downlink Message Types. 51

6.4          Air Traffic Services Wind Uplink Message Routing  52

Tom McGuffin
Honeywell Aerospace - Electronic COE
Datalink System Engineer