[EFB_Users] Dubai EFB Users Forum

Peter Grau Peter.Grau at sae-itc.org
Tue Aug 25 15:29:13 EDT 2015

[AEEC-Masthead-OL][iata-rgb]

                           EFB Users Forum XI

                                                                [cid:image010.png at 01D0DF48.C77C35F0]

Hello All,

Preparations are now underway for the upcoming Dubai EFB Users Forum. This conference will be held at The Crowne Plaza Dubai, hosted by Microsoft. We will have fresh speakers covering the hottest topics in our usual four session format. The Dubai session topics will be Human Factors, Regulatory, Security & Connectivity, and everyone's favorite: Operator Experiences.

Continuing our progress from Denver, we will cover the latest developments regarding own-ship position, cockpit WiFi, connectivity, and more. You will hear from airlines that are actually engaged in these today, as well as the suppliers that help make it happen. They will share their expertise and special insights on these issues, and you will have the opportunity to get answers straight from the experts. Where else can you learn so much, in one place, directly from the authorities?

Our suppliers are planning another memorable EXPO as well. It begins at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, November 3rd, and will include airframers, hardware and software suppliers, system integrators, and service providers. The buffet will include local favorites from 4:00-6:00 PM. If you are a supplier contemplating joining us, please make your arrangements soon with Lori Hess at:
lorine.hess at sae-itc.org<mailto:lorene.hess at sae-itc.org>.

On Wednesday, November 4th, following the first complete day of Forum presentations, Microsoft will host a very unique Welcome Reception. This will be a Desert Safari, and all Forum attendees are invited. You will be transported from the hotel in modern 4x4 vehicles, enjoying some dune riding along the way. Daylight permitting, you can try your hand at riding a camel, and you will stop to savor the incomparable desert sunset.

[cid:image011.jpg at 01D0DF48.C77C35F0][cid:image012.jpg at 01D0DF48.C77C35F0]
[cid:image013.jpg at 01D0DF48.C77C35F0][cid:image014.jpg at 01D0DF48.C77C35F0]

Once at the Bedouin Village, a welcome consisting of Arabic treats will be served. You can also partake in traditional Arabic activities such as henna painting, shisha, and Arabic dress. A complete barbecue dinner with entertainment dancing will close out the festivities.  You will depart for the hotel at approximately 9:00 PM, arriving between 9:45 PM and 10:00 PM.  I think you will have to agree that Microsoft has pulled out all the stops for this one. You can experience Arabic traditions while networking, reconnecting with old friends and acquaintances, and making new ones. You will not want to miss this event!

If you are planning to attend this Forum but have not yet preregistered with ARINC Industry Activities, please use the links provided in the above meeting notice to do so. One registration covers any and all activities, and it is essential to accomplish this irrespective of which events you actually attend. Those who do not preregister in advance will be required to do so at the door. The hotel room block is also selling quickly. If you are planning to stay at the Crowne Plaza, you may wish to reserve your room soon.

On behalf of the EFB Leadership Team, we look forward to seeing you all again in Dubai!

Best Regards,

                 Peter

Peter Grau

Principal Engineer

ARINC Industry Activities

16701 Melford Blvd. Ste 120

Bowie, MD 20715

(240) 334-2580

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.