[EFB_Users] Vienna EFB Users Forum and Reception

Peter Grau Peter.Grau at sae-itc.org
Mon May 29 22:18:16 EDT 2017

                                    [AEEC-Masthead-OL]                  [iata-rgb]

                           EFB Users Forum XIV

[File:Austrian Airlines Logo (2013).svg]<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Austrian_Airlines_Logo_(2013).svg>
[cid:image004.png at 01D2D8C4.8409A560]

[cid:image006.png at 01D2D8C4.8409A560]

Hello All,

Excitement is building for EFB Users Forum XIV which is now just two weeks away.  This conference will be held at the Vienna Marriott Hotel, hosted by Austrian Airlines.   The session topics will be Regulatory, Security and Connectivity, Performance Applications, and Operator Experiences.

Building on our progress from Honolulu, we will address the hottest issues including:  aircraft security, own-ship position enroute, performance applications, and route optimization just to name a few.  In Vienna, we will also hear from the newly formed Eurocae EFB WG-106 for the first time, as well as current actions being taken in the ARINC EFB Subcommittee.   As always, you will have the opportunity to get answers directly from the authorities on all our subjects.  Where else can you learn so much, in one place, straight from the experts?  This Forum is shaping up to be our best event yet!

Our suppliers are planning another memorable EXPO as well.  It begins at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, June 13th, and will include airframers, hardware and software suppliers, system integrators and service providers.   The buffet will include Austrian favorites and fine beers from 5:00-7:00 PM.  Most of the available EXPO locations have already been taken, but a few are still available.  If you would like to exhibit but have not yet reserved a booth, please make your arrangements soon with Lori Hess at: lorine.hess at sae-itc.org<mailto:hess at sae-itc.org>.

The Forum begins on Wednesday June 14th with our Regulatory session, where you will hear from the regulators about the AMC 20-25 and upcoming AC 120-76D.  Who better to present these developments than the authors who wrote them?  The afternoon session will be Security and Connectivity, where you will learn what is new in air to ground connectivity, satellite swift broadband, and more. The Thursday morning June 15th session will be Performance Applications.  The afternoon session will be the ever popular Operator Experiences.  Once again, you will hear from new airlines that have never before presented, as well as learn their unusual approaches to EFB.

[Image result for Vienna]<https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://weneedfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Vienna-20.jpg&imgrefurl=http://weneedfun.com/vienna-wallpaper/&docid=C-Hg0k0Z-2VcTM&tbnid=p3YNrwaSJR-IVM:&vet=1&w=1500&h=843&bih=781&biw=1536&q=Vienna&ved=0ahUKEwjb8p2t4PvQAhXECCwKHeAGAaQ4ZBAzCFsoWTBZ&iact=mrc&uact=8>[Image result for Vienna]<http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9gODl4PvQAhXLjCwKHcQEAmIQjRwIBw&url=http://maastricht-students.com/2012/04/vienna/&psig=AFQjCNF8mRW2cXWq677LcEpRasuwuFwbDg&ust=1482082090177251>

Following the first complete day of presentations, Teledyne Controls and Lufthansa Systems invite you to an extraordinary reception at the Prater.  The Prater is Vienna's renowned central park, a favorite destination for tourists and locals as well.  You will be treated to a ride on the Riesenrad, formerly the world's tallest Ferris wheel, providing unmatched views of the Prater and the city of Vienna.  Following this, we will all gather at the Schweizerhaus for unique Austrian cuisine and premium beer.  All participants will be transported to the Prater directly from the hotel, making it easy and worry-free.  This promises to be a special occasion and we hope you will join us. You will not want to miss this event!

         [Image result for Riesenrad] [Image result for Schweizerhaus]

If you have already preregistered for the conference and would like to participate in the Reception, please re-enter the registration link and follow these steps before close of business Wednesday May 31st to ensure we have you counted among the Reception participants:

  1.  Go to the EFB Registration (https://www.cvent.com/events/efb-users-forum-vienna/registration-2e34dcb70284417da6f57e2828a5e2f7.aspx)
  2.  Enter the invitee information or click the link for Already Registered.
  3.  Provide your confirmation number.  If you do not have your confirmation number, you may click the link to have your confirmation number sent to you via email.
  4.  Click the "Modify" Button.
  5.  Your information will display, scroll to the bottom of the first page and click the "Next" button.
  6.  This page displays the optional attendance items (EFB Expo and the Reception).  Click the check box for Reception to indicate that you will be joining the reception.
  7.  Click the "Next" Button to review your changes.
  8.  Click the "Next" Button after reviewing the changes
  9.  Click "Finish" to complete the modified registration.

If you have not yet registered, simply select the Reception as part of your registration before close of business Wednesday May 31st, initiated from the following link:

https://www.cvent.com/events/efb-users-forum-vienna/registration-2e34dcb70284417da6f57e2828a5e2f7.aspx

One registration covers any and all activities, and it is essential to accomplish this irrespective of which events you actually attend. Preregistration ends at the close of business Wednesday, May 31st.  Those who do not preregister in advance will be required to do so at the door.

Unfortunately, our discounted room block at the Vienna Marriott sold out, was increased several times, and is now sold out again.  However, rooms are available at these affiliated nearby hotels:

http://www.marriott.de/hotels/hotel-rooms/viese-imperial-riding-school-renaissance-vienna-hotel/
www.lemeridienvienna.com/<http://www.lemeridienvienna.com/>
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/de/hotels/europe/vienna

There are always new frontiers to be explored and challenges to be met in EFB.  What will we tackle next?  Join us in Vienna to discover what we have planned and offer your ideas.  We will have a good venue, a unique Reception, and great speakers in one of Europe's premier cities.  On behalf of the EFB Leadership Team, our conference host Austrian Airlines, and our Reception hosts Teledyne Controls and Lufthansa Systems, we look forward to seeing you all again in Vienna!

Best Regards,

                                Peter

Peter H. Grau

Principal Engineer

SAE-ITC, ARINC Industry Activities

16701 Melford Blvd. Ste. 120

Bowie, MD 20715

(240)334-2580

peter.grau at sae-itc.org<mailto:peter.grau at sae-itc.org>

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.