[General_Session] FW: Sad news - Yves Saint-Upéry

Paul Prisaznuk paul.prisaznuk at sae-itc.org
Thu Jan 6 15:06:53 EST 2022

Dear friends in industry,

It is with great sadness that I share the news of Yves Saint-Upéry’s passing. Yves was a pillar in the AEEC community representing the Airbus position on a wide range of technical topics. Yves was active in the SAI Subcommittee for 15 years. He was responsible for initiating new ARINC Standards in the areas of Communications, Navigation, and Surveillance. His professional legacy will endure through the many technical inputs presented to industry and now preserved in the ARINC archive. Yves was the recipient of the coveted AAI Volare Award presented at the AEEC General Session in Atlanta 2016. He is recognized in pages 75-78 of the attached report. Yves retired from Airbus in mid-2021.

See note from Thierry Harquin below. Messages of condolence to Yves’ wife, his daughter, and the Airbus family may be forwarded to Thierry (thierry.harquin at airbus.com<mailto:thierry.harquin at airbus.com>)

Paul

Dear aviation friends and colleagues,

It is with the deepest sadness that I have to inform you that our friend and colleague Yves Saint-Upéry passed away 2 days ago on Jan 4th, 2022.

It is a shock for all of us, as he was in good health when he left the company for retirement  some months ago.
From the latest information I got this morning, he died from a relapse of the pancreas cancer that he had overcome 15 years ago.

I have no words to express how I feel today. Yves was such a good guy, not only an excellent engineer but a wise person with strong human skills.
Along several years I have worked with him, in the frame of all these trips in US and Europe that we have done together for the AEEC activities , he became definitely more than an Airbus colleague for me.
For those who do not know him, Yves has been the  Airbus representative at the SAI committee for many years, and was deeply involved in AEEC ExCom activities with Patrick Schuster and then myself until 2016.

He received the AEEC Volare award in 2016.

I will let you know of any initiative to open a "Livre d'or" to gather testimonies from the people who appreciated him.

@Paul: I used 2 recent distribution lists for General Session and SAI, but I let you forward this message to people who knew Yves and may have retired now.

See enclosed a picture of Yves taken just before he left the company.

[cid:image002.png at 01D8030F.1B96A580]

Kind regards,
Thierry

Thierry HARQUIN
ATM International Cooperation
Engineering - Systems
AIRBUS
Mob: +33619645697
thierry.harquin at airbus.com<mailto:thierry.harquin at airbus.com>
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete any printout of the message, the original and any copy of the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.