[IPS_Aero] FW: Updated paper for CNS SG

Paul Prisaznuk paul.prisaznuk at sae-itc.org
Thu Jul 26 13:28:07 EDT 2018

Dear IPS Subcommittee participant,

Two working papers related to today's call, July 26:

The ICAO working paper presents operational planning to support XML based messages in operation by 2020 as adopted by ICAO Global Air Navigation Plan (GANP) Aviation System Block Upgrade (ASBU) Block 1. Section 2.7 reads: As projection of increasing bandwidth will result in additional operating cost for CRV, compression of XML based message should be considered to minimize the impact.

The Rockwell Collins presentation presents data compression concepts for ATN/IPS.

Please send your comments to the document authors.

Next IPS web conference will be held Thursday, August 30. Details coming soon.

Best regards,
Paul