[KuBand] AEEC Ku/Ka Band Satellite (KSAT) Subcommittee WebEx meeting invitation / Modem WG / January 7, 2020

Jose Godoy jose.godoy at sae-itc.org
Mon Jan 6 16:56:21 EST 2020

Dear Ku/Ka-band Satcom and Modem experts:

Happy New Year!

This transmittal is a reminder that there is a “KSAT Subcommittee modem” WebEx conference scheduled for tomorrow (January 7, 2020).
The meeting invitation and dial-in information can be found at the end of this email transmittal.

The “modem” conference will be led by Peter Lemme, Totaport. Below, and attached, please find Peter’s comments and presentation for the meeting:

…We will review a proposal for a 2 MCU Auxiliary Modem Unit (AMU) - see attached proposal from Loren Ayotte, Gogo Commercial Aviation  (see discussion below). In particular, we will sweep through the prior work (see meeting summary, attached) as a check list.

I would like to propose that the modem ad hoc work group conclude with the upcoming face-face meeting in San Diego.

For a draft conclusion, I would highlight the following:

1) The long-term modem architecture will be software-defined. There has not been sufficient industry proposal to advance any standards at this time.

2) Adding a 2 MCU Auxiliary Modem Unit (AMU) that can daisy-chain with any ARINC 792 (maybe ARINC 791 too) Modman is in-hand.

3) Loren Ayotte is preparing a presentation for showing that 2 MCU is available for the AMU in racks today.

4) Pursuing any other option necessarily invalidates the existing Modmans. As the 2 MCU option is considered an intermediate step, it seems best to leave the Modman alone.

5) If, in the future, if a desire to build a smaller solution, the same inserts can be hosted in a 2 MCU or 3 MCU Modman and one or two 1 MCU AMU.  So it can shrink to 4 MCU tray space without any wiring change.

As discussed in the Nov. meeting (see meeting summary, attached), I will complete a proposal for ARINC 791P2 and for ARINC Project Paper 848 regarding QoS by VLAN for consideration at the San Diego meeting.

Fiber discussions have already moved to the subcommittee.

Thanks,

Peter Lemme…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…Please see the attached updated AMU proposal with AC power and allows no MM changes (complete compatibility), per action #2 below.

              • I didn't provide AMU pinout definition as I didn't see any issues with the minimum pins needed at this time.  Let me know if you think pinout proposals are needed right now.
              • Only AMU discrete I thought was needed is MM control of the AMU modem.   All other data / info needed would be communicated over Eth interface.  Would appreciate any feedback from the group on any needed discrete.
              • No issues sharing MM and AMU power- 2.5A breaker should be sufficient

Regarding the action #3 below, I’m still working on gathering pictures of aircraft installs and once I get a good draft I’ll send over to Mark for quick review before sending to Jose.  Goal is to have the week before the face to face on the 20th.

Please let me know if there are any questions / feedback.

Thanks,

Loren Ayotte  Sr Manager Airborne Hardware
Gogo Commercial Aviation…

You are invited to attend the following AEEC Online Conference:

Ku/Ka Band Satcom
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
11:00 am | Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00) | 2 hrs

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://sae.webex.com/sae/j.php?MTID=md47a1f06d8b9af41a0937150241a9be7<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=sae.webex.com&t=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiJ9.eJxNUMtqwzAQ_BedU0dW4qY2hKbFLrTUDqExwSEQZGn9qmQbSXFe9N-r5FB6293ZmdnZKzJAZc1RgDQFNEJ1a0C1VKCgoELDCIGFJGgNbQlqcYQcTg7rpF29kf73B2VZqDKm18FuvBtbQecPv7e7ceP0Vf8cr9_DueTTGXUL_Mifcp8WU5difzJzPUxs6ecws5LLFAXtQYgRMpUCavYCBrAu2B56s2fkTXySfmAkPWyJ_51PxMt9thE4O3sDk2xIwgwnDbtsw496GXIZX1Y4kysvJvEpkdExIZGbNa_VdpMO8TqdJE16ScLotPyakng1n9-SaVB7kLQWe8q5st-w3k2nwSk73p0XNtpDbZjTqRL9_AL4im7n.MEUCIQDcaaekocSfAXpoFoP3G2Tobosb64YC7j27FCxnG9yStAIgUqy-s8fLwJOM0hFf2qDTmoB6yFAs8e6scjR9QtQkamU>
Meeting number: 623 950 784
Meeting password: 7Jan2020

JOIN FROM A VIDEO CONFERENCING SYSTEM OR APPLICATION
Dial sip:623950784 at sae.webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

JOIN BY PHONE
1-866-469-3239 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
Tap here to call (mobile phones only, hosts not supported): tel:1-866-469-3239,,*01*623950784%23%23*01*

1-650-429-3300 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Tap here to call (mobile phones only, hosts not supported): tel:%2B1-650-429-3300,,*01*623950784%23%23*01*
Access code: 623 950 784

Global call-in numbers:
https://sae.webex.com/sae/globalcallin.php?MTID=mb4d61a8d49a0ccadb50d78ff13d8aa7b<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=sae.webex.com&t=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiJ9.eJxNUNtqwkAQ_Zd9tjGuWjUgtSUWWpqI1CAJAZnsjrl0Nwm7a4yW_ntXH0ofz5w5l5lvYhBkyYlHNCAZkLI2qGoQxDuC0DggaCmJWmOdo1qdMcPeYY20qzfRf3xSVkUKY1rtpcN0aA2dP_4O02EumgwEAyHK2mmL9inYvflLmU344wjmfLIAlzHg2dTls_nxOBrzOcAss-6biHj1SYgBMYVCMAeBHdpA13a-NWH0VXzQtmM0OiV08ZWNxfN9thdufJl2TLIu9GM3rNg18d_Ljc9lcN26sdxOAxr0oVyfQ7oexdVLkeyjLthF47CKrqG_7jefExpsl8vbkRrVASWU4gCcK_sYm101Gp284c1lZa98KA1zGpWTn1-EHXSA.MEUCIQD3JFj8mC5wtzqU25lEEvwCT3q-sSWzGmxUWdmdOrskEgIgJyJIJ8JNzVH-3zpfm88oL1_ApwUE3sfZSlGQGYvf-z4>

Toll-free dialing restrictions:
https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=www.webex.com&t=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiJ9.eJxNkEFvgzAMhf9LzgxYuh6GVKmbYIdpgKoNVSAklCYGwhKCkhTaTvvvCztMO9rPn9-zv5AFIjlDETIEkIf4aEGPRKCoJcKAh8BJEoyBsQO9X-AEF58q6UZX6H991o5CvbWTieqgDpZl8f_0OphYWwdWCdFqgEaDsZpTy9VofCc5Pi9QNJ6F8JDtNRDbCJjBrQxdqtWL4hfxhqeZ4uJc4cfP00Y8_faOIiyv25lKOmdxGWYDvVXxK89jJtPbISzlYZvi9JLJZMlwcl8Oz311LOb0o9hkQ3HL4uSSvz_g9LDbrWcY0A1IwkVDGHM5jfMelAG_U0xd9-5Pd9xSX-kOff8AIeFs4Q.MEQCIGkKvzjK1ATZsDEasVbjhXa9z5zdZf5HbdZpxqRHBR2ZAiB3vhcBREu7yj47yQQidrmP6lLrYwYpfHBN23bwiotw7w>

Add this meeting to your calendar (Cannot add from mobile devices):
https://sae.webex.com/sae/j.php?MTID=m27a62f2cd885f997ee8a13c1b5230f90<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=sae.webex.com&t=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiJ9.eJxNUF1rg0AQ_C_3bNWctYmCNC2m0FKV0EgwBOQ816i9U7m7mC_633vmofRxdnZmdvaGFBDelMhHkgAyUNMpEB1hyK8Ik2Ag0BQHKaE7gFieoICzSXuuVyfRf3wUWoVqpQbp7629pQ3NP_4O91ZrDvXwHG3ew4DjOXnCFablYuFWnjcHWJCZQ2eFix278mxtmaTI746MGUjVAojKGYygU2x96BRP8Rv7xMNIcXrcYe-7cNjLfbZldnZxR8rpGIeZHbf0ugs_miQseXRd2xlfuxGOzjFfnWK8mmXta73bpmO0SZ24Ta9xuDonX484WgfB1EyCyIGThuWkLIX-hs5uewnmoS_7y1JXe2gUNXtxQD-_Balu-Q.MEQCIHX6e_UiJB-uBt2g5tryhIwg8EIVeeWxxoHc-tYSNTnPAiAWTrA4cEiDza2re4dk4xsszHen1vAL6R-uc5e2Gjb0Fg>

Unable to join the meeting? Contact support here:
https://sae.webex.com/sae/mc<https://shared.outlook.inky.com/link?domain=sae.webex.com&t=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJFUzI1NiJ9.eJxNT1tPgzAU_i_nGQE79yDJkmnAByMlRMkCISFdOXKxhaUtjGH873Z7MD5-57uebzDIZFdDAJohONANBtXABASfTGh0AC0lUWscGlT7Mx5xcfkorfRq-o8nZV3QGnPSQemVng10__gbLD3JrTDJIBgmIRwwrUJmKoEzWq9v66-hnLyIN3KaOcmmgjx-HTfi6XY7CD-_bGcu-UzD3Kc9X4vwtUvCWsZr6ucy3cYkXqiMzpRE93n_3BaHbI4_sg3ts5WG0ZK8P5A43e2uezWqCiXrRMXqWtkfbXc_anSbsR4vezv4rjPcHVUDP79JJWM3.MEYCIQDdQdsgcdYrmwEhuOUOULOCWNdvp6n3GohspPf9scLIXgIhANkRF9kDztTJNNI6jjd5yVw4EsJxwhpjjwEyandhRXbm>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
José Godoy
Senior Principal Engineer

ARINC Industry Activities
An SAE-ITC Industry Program
16701 Melford Blvd., Suite 120
Bowie, MD 20715

o  +1. 240.334.2583
m +1. 443.534.8925
e  jose.godoy at sae-itc.org<mailto:jose.godoy at sae-itc.org>
www.aviation-ia.com<http://www.aviation-ia.com/>

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged, proprietary, or confidential information.  The information may also contain technical data subject to export control laws.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete any printout of the message, the original and any copy of the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.