[NDB] UML Model and Dates for the next Meeting

Sam Buckwalter Sam.Buckwalter at sae-itc.org
Thu Oct 15 12:52:31 EDT 2015

Hello All:

I have placed on the NDB web page, http://aviation-ia.com/aeec/projects/ndb/index.html updated UML model and XML Schema. The below text is from David Baker:

To review the standard, we will need members of the committee to sign up to review every XML schema, and the associated XML instance in the example XML file.  Hopefully if the entire committee will help out, we can limit the work to 1 or 2 XML schemas each....which should be very reasonable.

While reviewing the XML and XML schemas we need answers to the following questions:

1.       Do we need to add/remove data elements to a particular class?

2.       Does the structure of the data need to change, because it currently somehow invalidates the data  (e.g., does a runway need to belong to a waypoint for some reason)?

3.       Are the multiplicities of the data elements correct?

4.       Is there any duplication of data that you see?

5.       Are the data types imported from Section6 correct?  Do the data types have the correct simple type definition (e.g., a decimal vs. double)?

6.       Any other comments.

This needs to be an event driven activity, so if we cannot get reviews for all of the schemas....this should not move forward.

David

David E. Baker Jr.
Systems Engineer
MITRE Corporation, Bedford Ma
781-271-4779

Meeting Location

Lufthansa Navigation Services has just advised that they will host the meeting in Zurich, Switzerland.  The dates will be 23-25 Feb 2016.  I will send out a meeting announcement once all the logistical items have been solidified.

Sam Buckwalter
Executive Secretary AMC & FSEMC
c  +1.443.454.0584
 sam.buckwalter at sae-itc.org<mailto:sam.buckwalter at sae-itc.org>
www.aviation-ia.com<http://www.aviation-ia.com/>

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.