[NIS] Upcoming NIS Meeting - October 16-18, 2018 - Orlando, Florida

Vanessa Mastros vanessa.mastros at sae-itc.org
Mon Sep 24 13:15:26 EDT 2018

Greetings all,

HOTEL CUT OFF IS TOMORROW – SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

The final agenda will be published a week before the meeting. I have included a copy of the NIS Meeting Announcement for your convenience.  I hope to see you there.

There are two documents currently under development:

  *   ARINC Project Paper 686, Roadmap IPv6 (Industry Editor:  Luc Emberger)

  *   ARINC Project Paper 848, Media Independent Secure Offboard Network (Industry Editor: Jessica Ferguson)

Both documents have action items that are due for the upcoming meeting/document review.  I have copied those action item listings to this email.  Please take a moment to review the action items.  If you have an open action item, please send the completed item to me and the Industry Editor.

ARINC Project Paper 686, IPv6

Action Item Description :

Accepted by:

2.5 IPv4-IPv6 adaptation concepts - provide starter content for high level description of main concepts for IPv4-IPv6 accommodation

Jessica Ferguson

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Jim Haak, Panasonic

Review NIST 800-119 to identify key information to address in roadmap document

Jason Herbst and Dan McDowell, UTAS

Security aspects of IPv4 to IPv6 transition, dual stack, IPv6 only

Jason Herbst, UTAS

Reach out to Inmarsat and Iridium for their approach to IPv4 and IPv6

Luc Emberger, Airbus &
Mike Olive, Honeywell

4.2 and 4.3 Review

Group

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Kelli Wolfe, RC

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Jeff Rae, United
Jessica Ferguson, Alaska

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Luc Emberger, Airbus

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Regan Brossard, Boeing

Organization IPv6 views (readiness, concerns, etc.). Presentation form.

Ravi Nori, Teledyne

Post graphics to SharePoint in native form (Visio 5)

Luc Emberger, Airbus

ARINC Project Paper 848

Action Item Description:

Accepted by:

Figure 4-1, Functional Architecture - Rescope/Design to align with scope of MISON (Tim Bauge diagram original)

Jim Haak, Panasonic

Figure 1-2, modify diagram to show it more of a control plane (i.e., MAGIC moved to the side rather than in line with the data flow)

Jessica Ferguson, Alaska Airlines

Write commentary explaining the discovery of challenges to be overcome to utilize IPsec

Peter Lemme, TotaPort

DNS address distribution for VPN

Jessica Ferguson, Alaska Airlines

Update Figure 1-1 to remove the QoS language

Peter Lemme, TotaPort

Provide all native figures (visio or other drawing package files)

Peter Lemme, TotaPort

Quality of Service Specification writing to relate with the updated Figure 4-1 Assignment

Jim Haak, Panasonic

7.0 Network Management - review section and integrate 834

Ravi Nori, Teleldyne

Best regards,
Vanessa

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Vanessa A. Mastros
Senior Principal Operations Engineer
& Business Manager

ARINC Industry Activities
An SAE ITC Industry Program
16701 Melford Blvd., Suite 120
Bowie, MD 20715

o  +1.240.334.2575
c  +1.443.221.8374
f   +1.301.383.1231
e  vanessa.mastros at sae-itc.org<mailto:vanessa.mastros at sae-itc.org>
www.aviation-ia.com<http://www.aviation-ia.com/>

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain privileged, proprietary, or confidential information.  The information may also contain technical data subject to export control laws.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete any printout of the message, the original and any copy of the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.