[SAI] Final ARINC GAT WG telecon notes

Peter Grau Peter.Grau at sae-itc.org
Wed Apr 24 13:08:33 EDT 2019

Hello All,

  Here are the notes and Sharepoint paths from today's ARINC GAT WG telecon - see question in red below:

Notes:

  1.  There have been no comments on A680 circulation copy received to date.
  2.  The AEEC General Session in Prague (where A680 will be presented for approval) is next week.
a. GAT WG report-out:
AEEC -> GAT680 Input -> 17.) Meeting Archives -> 2019-04-30 AEEC General Session Prague
                2019 GAT WG AEEC General Session Report Out (2019-04-17).pptx
b. GADSS Symposium presentations:
AEEC -> GAT680 Input -> 17.) Meeting Archives -> 2019-04-30 AEEC General Session Prague -> GADSS Symposium

  1.  A680 publication process discussed:

  *   4/30 AEEC Executive Committee considers A680 approval
  *   30 day letter with all approved documents is circulated to AEEC membership - we'll get this through the SAI mailing list.
  *   Once this final approval period/process is successfully completed, the documents will undergo final "Grey Cover" edits and clean-up and will be published in July/August time frame.

  1.  A680 Supplement process discussed:

  *   We're collecting topics/items for inclusion in a possible supplement in a spreadsheet on the sharepoint:

AEEC -> GAT 680 Input -> 18.) Open Issues for Possible A680 Supplement One - > Potential A680 Update Table REV JR.xls

(note - lists on sheet two, to add an item to a list and have it included in the pull-downs, add mid-list rather than at end)

  *   Towards end of year, early next year, either our SAI executive committee industry members (Jessie, Claude) or other interested industry participants would raise the possibility of a supplement with Peter or Paul.
  *   There would be a telecon to discuss this and if it looks appropriate a proposal would be generated to initiate a supplement.
  *   This proposal would be brought into the SAI executive committee for consideration.

  1.  Open Items:
a.  We'll schedule a July timeframe tag-up on DTR updates (and also EU/EASA updates) as part of the TRFD July telecon series - this will be "dual use" - supporting TRFD work and ADT interested parties.  Once we have a proposed date, Chuck will send an invite out through the current A680 invite list.
b.  The IATA conference presentation opportunity in September (Luxembourg) - Chuck will follow-up on coordinating this with IATA and with Jessie, Claude and Peter on this and we will support this if we have presenter.
Material and correspondence for the deferred IATA presentation:
AEEC -> GAT680 Input -> 17.) Meeting Archives -> 2019-04-02 IATA Safety and Flight Ops Conf (Deferred)

  1.  GAT WG Alumni Planning: Paul Roux is working on November 21-23 (this year or next year?) Game Park Tour in South Africa.

This was our final ADT/A680 telecon - to participate in the ongoing Timely recovery of Flight Data (TRFD)/A681 activity please contact Peter Grau (peter.grau at sae-itc.org<mailto:peter.grau at sae-itc.org>) or Greg Moran (Greg.Moran at boeing.com<mailto:Greg.Moran at boeing.com>).

Thanks to all for an intense and very rewarding experience and for your excellent contributions! We very much look forward to working with any and all of you in future endeavors and also look forward to the important contributions our collective and individual GADSS implementation efforts will provide!

Regards!

Chuck Adler and Peter Grau

Charles Adler                                        Peter Grau
Project/Systems Engineer                             Lead Principal Engineer
Avionics Technical Integration Team       ARINC Industry Activities
206-578-2533 (m)                                            443-221-8209

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and permanently delete any printout of the message, the original and any copy of the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.