[Efb_users] Denver EFB Users Forum

Pete Grau pgrau at sae-itc.org
Mon Mar 30 10:49:23 EDT 2015

[AEEC-Masthead-OL][iata-rgb]

Hello All,

    Preparations are underway and momentum is building for EFB Users Forum X.  This conference will be held at The DoubleTree by Hilton Denver, hosted by Jeppesen.   Continuing our progress from Rome, we will address all of the hottest issues including:  Own-Ship position enroute, cockpit WiFi, live satellite weather, turbulence reporting, and more.  You will hear from airlines that are actually doing this today, as well as the suppliers that help make it happen.  In addition, we will empanel five recognized experts from the FAA, Airbus, Boeing, and suppliers specifically to address Aircraft Security.  They will share their expertise and special insights on this very critical issue now confronting all operators.  You will have the opportunity to get answers straight from the authorities on this subject.  Where else can you learn so much, in one place, directly from the masters?  This Forum is shaping up to be our best event yet!

     Our suppliers are planning another memorable EXPO as well.  It begins at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, June 2nd, and will include airframers, hardware and software suppliers, system integrators and service providers.   The buffet will include Rocky Mountain favorites and the best craft beers from local breweries from 6:00-8:00 PM.  Over two thirds of the available EXPO booths have already been reserved in the few weeks since this meeting was announced.  If you are a supplier contemplating joining us, please make your arrangements soon with Lori Hess at: lhess at sae-itc.org<mailto:lhess at sae-itc.org>, or risk being closed out.

  On Wednesday June 3rd, following the first complete day of Forum presentations, Jeppesen will host a Welcome Reception at the nearby Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum.

[denver-air-plane-hangar]<http://www.vpix.net/index.php?tour=105706>

[F 102 Jet Fighter Denver]

This is a popular destination for aviation enthusiasts, and the opening speaker will be none other than Amelia Earhart.  You read that correctly- Amelia Earhart.  Just last year, she became the youngest woman to fly around the world in a single engine airplane, retracing the steps that her famous namesake attempted over 70 years ago.  I think you will have to agree that Jeppesen has pulled out all the stops for this one.  This is perfect opportunity for you to network, reconnect with old friends and acquaintances, and make new ones.  You will not want to miss this event!

   If you are planning to attend this Forum but have not yet preregistered with ARINC, please use the links provided in the above meeting notice to do so.   One registration covers any and all activities, and it is essential to accomplish this irrespective of which events you actually attend.  Those who do not preregister in advance will be required to do so at the door.  The hotel room block is also selling quickly.  If you are planning to stay at the DoubleTree, you may wish to reserve your room soon.

   On behalf of the EFB Leadership Team, we look forward to seeing you all again in Denver!

Best Regards,

                          Peter

Peter Grau

Principal Engineer

ARINC Industry Activities

16701 Melford Blvd. Ste 120

Bowie, MD 20715

(240) 334-2580

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message. Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.